Sunday, July 24, 2011

Viewsonic VX910 no power, repaired

I recently did a repair on a Viewsonic VX910 that had no power. Upon opening the monitor I could see that someone had already replaced all the electrolytic capacitors on the power supply secondary side. I plugged the monitor in and attempted to power on to check for any output voltages from the PSU and I could here a faint chirping coming from the power supply, this is always a good indication of a shorted output diode or faulty components in the feedback circuitry, the power supply is continually trying to start up and then shutting down,over and over. As I suspected there was no output from the power supply. I removed the power supply and the first thing I checked was the dual schotttky diode D660 and one of the diodes in the dual package was shorted. The original diode was a MBR10100CT dual schottky diode, I replaced it with a B20100G dual schottky diode. After replacing the dual diode the monitor powered on and worked once again.








Learn how to repair any power supply...

Also don't forget to visit www.preherservices.com

Ask about our 3 day power supply repair course.

4 comments:

  1. Superb Job man, Very nice.

    Create a blog for sharing useful information all over the world is a nice habit but if you want to start a free blog than U blog is the best option for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with my monitor. Where do I buy that diode? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job & thanks 4 makn good use of ur brain

    ReplyDelete