Thursday, February 18, 2010

Samsung LNT4065FX/XAA, Repaired

Went on a service call to a customers home with a Samsung LNT4065FX/XAA that was slow to power on and often would get pinkish/violet pixels and artifacts in the picture. Upon opening the back of the TV I immediately noticed two puffed and vented electrolytic capacitors on the SMPS board. I checked all the electrolytic capacitors on the SMPS board with my ESR/capacitance meter but only the two puffed and vented capacitors were bad. After replacing the electrolytic capacitors, both 2200uF @10V, locations CM852 and CM853 and reassembling the TV it turned on and worked perfectly.




3 comments:

  1. DEAR JOHN
    AFTER STUDY OF ALL YOUR REPAIRS MY CONCLUSION
    IS THE MOST PROBLEMATIC PART IN LCD TV IS ELECTROLITIC CAPS BY CHANGING THEM EVERY THING
    WILL COME BACK TO LIFE
    AM I RIGHT?
    BEH

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAME PROBLEM I HAVE TKS

    ReplyDelete
  3. DEAR JOHN

    THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU SENT ME A REPORT OF YOUR RECENT REPAIR I WISHED YOU LUCK EVERY DAY
    BEH

    ReplyDelete